Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Phenomenon of The Alwarpet Son-In-Law

The young men from the Alwarpet region of Chennai seem to be in singular demand.

The Alwarpet son-in-law knows this.
The Alwarpet son-in-law is aware of the fact that he lives in Alwarpet and that this imparts to him a special halo.
The Alwarpet son-in-law is suave.
The Alwarpet son-in-law knows his way around Alwarpet. And the marriage market.
The Alwarpet son-in-law knows he will be served cold kheer wherever he goes.
The Alwarpet son-in-law is coveted.
The Alwarpet son-in-law is envied by his non-Alwarpet brethren.

The Alwarpet son-in-law knows all this because he is, after all, from Alwarpet.

4 comments:

Kaushik said...

Sigh. Neither am I from Alwarpet. Nor am I anywhere close to becoming a son-in-law. And to rub salt onto the wounds, I'm just loving Alwarpet more and more. :(

SRK said...

The only thing I know about Alwarpet is that there was some Alwarpet Benefit Fund, in which my dad unfortunately put in some money.

Maybe some Alwarpet mapillai is enjoying the benefits of the fund, but what I want to know is whether he did go to the "mamiyaar veedu"...

ada-paavi!!!! said...

Alwarpet is awlays coveted. Supposedly. It still is same shit.

Aaalwaarpet le valandha oru tambram.

Anjana said...

@Kaushik
I know. I love it too. Born and brought up. :)

@SRK
lol!

@ada
*same pinch* :)